In 1975, the idea that art and racing could be intertwined was introduced by French race car driver and auctioneer, Herve Poulain, who enlisted the services of renowned artist Alexander Calder to personalize a BMW 3.0 CSL which was to be used in the 1975 Le Mans endurance race. Since then, both BMW racing and production models have served as a canvas for some of the most prolific artists this world has ever seen, including Andy Warhol, Robert Rauschenberg and Roy Lichtenstein. The art cars are a reflection of contemporary culture – design re-purposed to contend with the ever-growing advancements in technology – and the culmination of heap-loads of talent.
Like Dressed Like Machines ?!
- Video: Die schlimmsten Produktplatzierungen in Filmen und im TV ift.tt/2EC7C4Y 2 hours ago
- Adidas & Telekom stellen „magenta Sneaker“ vor ift.tt/2C6icn1 3 hours ago
- Video: Nur eine Baby-Ziege, die gestreichelt wird ift.tt/2sJqWvG 3 hours ago
- Berühmtes Klavierstück gesucht! ift.tt/2sGbvUL 5 hours ago
- Wenn die Tierarzt-Bewertung viral geht ift.tt/2EE1idl 5 hours ago